Mini Swimmers Terms and Conditions
1. Our lessons run throughout the year, with holidays in line with North Yorkshire school holidays,
bank holidays, Easter and Christmas. All term dates are available on the relevant pools page on
the website: www.miniswimmers.co.uk
2. Due to our rolling curriculum, you are able to enroll and start your classes any week of the year
and sign up for the remainder of a term. We will agree a start date with you and once the
booking has been completed this start date is confirmed and cannot be changed.
3. Mini Swimmers may cancel lessons if payment is not received within seven days or before the
first lesson date whichever is the sooner. If you are renewing, then payment is due by the
renewal deadline date.
1. During the second half of each term we will let you know the dates of the next term and will
issue an invoice by email to be paid by the deadline stated (usually two weeks prior to the new
2. Please note that if payment for a renewal is not received before the deadline date we can no
longer reserve your place in the next term and if another customer wishes to book the space
your place may be lost.
Introduce A Friend
1. The term “introduce” applies only to friends of existing customers who:
• were new to Mini Swimmers prior to being introduced.
• book and pay for at least one term of swimming lessons with Mini Swimmers.
2. You will receive your free lesson as a discount on your renewal fee for the following term.
3. Only one free lesson can be issued per customer who is introduced to us.
4. A free lesson can only be offered if the existing customer’s name is stated on the booking form.
Payment can be made in three ways:
2. Direct payment into our account via internet banking.
Payment must be received by the renewal deadline or within 7 days of your first booking in order to
secure your place.
Late payment will incur a £5.00 late payment fee.
Refunds and Cancellations
1. Mini Swimmers is under no obligation to refund your money if you are unable to attend any
lessons that run as normal (for instance if you are affected by bad weather but the pool is still
2. If a lesson has to be cancelled then Mini Swimmers will inform you by text and email.
3. If a pool cannot be used in the short term, we will try, where possible, to re-schedule your
lesson, however if a lesson has to be cancelled completely, we will either give you a free lesson
in the following term, or if you aren’t renewing, we will issue a refund within 7 days of the end
of the term.
4. We cannot issue refunds or credits once the term has started unless there are exceptional
circumstances, and these will be subject to an admin fee of £10.00.
We cannot offer a refund for the occasional missed lesson, however if you cannot attend for a
number of lessons in a row for medical reasons please contact us.
Teachers’ Qualifications and Insurance
1. All Mini Swimmers teachers hold the Swimming Teachers’ Association Baby and Pre-School
qualification as well as the STA Safety Award for Teachers.
2. All Mini Swimmers teachers are members of the STA and as such are covered by their Public
3. Mini Swimmers also holds comprehensive Swim School Insurance.
Video and Photography
1. Please ensure that if you wish to take photos of your child that you first ask the teacher of the
lesson who will check with the other carers that they are comfortable with this. Please stop
filming if asked to do so and in all instances the decision of Mini Swimmers’ teachers is final.
2. If photos are taken inadvertently of other children in the class, it is your responsibility to ensure
that they are not published on any public forum.
All property left unattended (including in changing rooms, on poolside and in entrance halls) is left
at your own risk. Mini Swimmers cannot accept any responsibility for the loss of or damage to any
Please advise us of any existing medical conditionsfor yourself, another carer or the child in the relevant
space on the booking form. If there are any changes to this information, please advise Mini Swimmers as
soon as you are aware of them. All information will be kept strictly confidential.
1. Please don’t bring your child swimming if they have diarrhoea, an ear infection, chicken pox,
conjunctivitis or a bad cold, or any other contagious illness. Please don’t return to classes until
you have the all clear from your doctor.
2. In the case of sickness and diarrhoea you or your child must have been clear of all symptoms for
at least 48 hours before attending a lesson.
1. To ensure the consistent quality of the pool water, until fully potty trained, all children must
wear a disposable paper swim nappy with a Happy Nappy on top. Mini Swimmers reserves the
right to refuse entry to any child without the correct swim nappies.
2. Please take all your used nappies away with you unless there is a clearly marked bin provided
1. Due to the size of the pools, we can only accommodate one adult in the pool at a time with each
child. We are happy for other family members or friends to bring your child to classes – just let
the teacher know if you are attending the lessons for the first time so that they can give you any
additional help that may be required.
2. Please arrive no more than 15 minutes before the start of your lesson to help ensure there is
enough room in the changing rooms and to avoid your child becoming restless.
3. Please keep poolside noise to a minimum while you are waiting for your class to start so that the
children being taught do not become distracted.
4. You are responsible for supervising any children you bring at all times. Any children that are
watching lessons should always be under the care and supervision of an adult who is not taking
part in the lesson.